Louisiana Contractors Accreditation Institute Business and Law Seminar
The Louisiana Contractors Accreditation Institute, a partnership between Louisiana Economic Development, Louisiana Community & Technical College System and the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors offers seminars and courses to small and emerging construction businesses that assist in building a solid foundation of knowledge within the construction industry.
The Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors encourage and endorse this course to help small businesses learn the basic principles of how to be a better contractor. Completion of this course does not grant exemption of any licensing or examination requirements from the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors.
The Louisiana Contractors Accreditation Institute (LCAI) Business and Law Seminar provides small and emerging construction businesses critical information about construction management and operating a construction related business.
- Six week course, with two hour sessions twice a week
- Taught by industry leaders
- Offered via Zoom, a fully interactive web-based video conferencing tool
- Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Bid Process
- Contract Management
- Equipment Management
- Occupational Safety
- Risk Management
- Financial & Business Management
- Bonding/Access to Capital
- Certifications and Available Resources
- Entrepreneurship Training